Wednesday, May 21, 2008

We Have No Excuse, No excuse to miss As-Salat (the Prayers)


Allah (swt) says in the Holy Quran: "Verily! I am Allâh! Lâ ilâha illa Ana (none has the Right to be worshipped but I), so Worship Me, and perform As­-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât) for My remembrance". (the Holy Quran, chapter 20, vers 14)









Abu’huraira. 'Allah be pleased with him', narrated: I heard Allah’s Apostle 'Allah’s blessing and peace be upon him' saying: “If there was a river at the door of anyone of you and he took a bath in it five times a day, would you notice any dirt on him?” They said: “Not a trace of dirt would be left.” The Prophet 'Allah’s blessing and peace be upon him' added: “That is the example of the five prayers with which Allah erases evil deeds.” (Sahih Bukhari, The Book of Prayer Times) [1]


Abu’huraira 'Allah be pleased with him' narrated: Allah’s Apostle 'Allah’s blessing and peace be upon him' said: Angels come to you in succession by night and day and all of them get together at the time of the Fajr and Asr prayers. Those who have passed the night with you (or stayed with you) ascend (to the Heaven) whom Allah asks, though He knows everything about you well: “How did you leave my slaves?” The angels reply: “When we left them they were praying and when we reached them, they were praying.” (Sahih Bukhari, The Book of Prayer Times)[2]




Allah (swt) says in the Holy Quran: "Say (O Muhammad): Verily, My Salât (prayer), My sacrifice, My living, and My dying are for Allâh, the Lord of the 'Alamîn (mankind, jinns and All that exists)". (the Holy Quran, chapter 6, vers 162)

No comments: